Thursday, August 21, 2008

sophie's first beat down


We have been so pleased with how well our animals have taken to Soph. They are extremely needy little creatures so we were concerned about their abilities to share us with a baby. Surprisingly they have been excellent! Lucy no longer tries to eat Soph's toys, and Katt has finally given up all hope that the little person will be taken back to wherever she came from.

We have had to work with Soph too, teaching her to "pat pat" instead of ripping handfuls of fur from our other children. For the most part she does a decent job at it....as long as she is being supervised.

But yesterday while doing the dishes a 'sopha pain scream' erupted from the living room. There she was with little drops of blood dripping down her face and Katt looking extremely satisfied. Oh don't worry Katt threw a beat down on our Sophie Mae. It was everything in me to not stick a "good-bye forever night night needle" into her pulsing vein. And that's coming from me.... Lets remember back when I was pregnant and thought there was no way I could love anything more than my Katt. I even took the issue up with a therapist!

Well...I guess it's good for Sophie to learn her boundaries. Nothing helps a kid learn better than pain right? Stupid putty.

Stunningly beautiful Miss Lucy

The evildoer Miss Putty (Katt)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor little Sophie! Poor Katt! I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding between the 2 friends. I wonder if Katt will change her mind about just sleeping anywhere that my granddaughter could possibly reach? haha. Oh, by the way, have you ever seen anything cuter than Sophie's 2 brand new top teeth? Love, love, love that baby girl!!
Bridget