Tuesday, August 26, 2008

let's paint

Growing up I always remember having so many rules. Rules about being clean and organized and quiet.... Yesterday Soph and I said forget that! We blasted some tunes and got dirty with beautiful artwork!

Now who doesn't love to get a little messy now and then? We pulled out all the stops: glitter paint, a giant ink pad, and of course the washable finger paints. I only hope that she's more artistic than I've ever been. You could say that I was more of a "book smart" type of kid- anything dealing with artistic ability (or musical ability or even common sense for that matter) sorta passed me by the wayside. But I would like to consider myself a work in progress. :)

Our gorgeous artist at work.


Oops! Messy hands on the carpet!


And our masterpieces...the bottom one was painted entirely by the skilled hand of the Sopha Mae.

3 comments:

naphtali said...

oh my little niece is so very talented. i'm thinking we need some art work for our place. we're sure missing that little one {and you guys too, of course!} :p

Lexee said...

You are right! I think I am going to need your address..... hint hint wink wink

Anonymous said...

That looks like SO much fun! I loved her "painting outfit" which shows you are learning hahaha! Gosh darn--she's adorable..and so are you!
Love Bridget