Friday, August 8, 2008

hello my name is mommy

Isn't life funny?

Lets go ahead and take a glimpse at Christmas past, shall we say 2 years? Hi my name is Lexee. I work 40+ hours a week at a decent job that I moderately to extremely dislike; depending on the day of course. My likes: love my family, Katt and Betty, shopping, sleeping and napping, going out for beer after work, go out for vodka red bulls on the weekends, and weekend getaways whenever Eric and I can swing it. My dislikes: cooking, cleaning, eww! kids, eww! other peoples' kids....

I think we can see where this could be heading.

Now lets take a glimpse into Christmas present. Hi my name is Mommy. I love being a mommy. I have forgotton how to speak to other grown ups, but I don't care. I love to watch the Food Network for cooking inspiration. My idea of a good time is spending 20 minutes in complete silence playing soduku. I feel guilty having more than 2 beers once a month cuz its not what a responsible mommy should do. Oh yeah- I have also morphed into a junk food addict. Who knew that breast feeding was like a magic eraser for my ass/calves/thighs/everything! Oh, and lets give a moment of silence to Betty. I would poor one out for my homie if I only drank.

Could this be irony?** It may or may not be...but its my new life. And I love it. I had no clue having a daughter and becoming domestic (or being tamed) could be this great. I look forward to adding pics of my world and keeping you all posted on the happenings of our beautiful Sophie Mae!


** I prefer to believe that irony is simply a humorous twist to opposite situations. However, this leads to daily quarrels with my dear Eric who believes the word should actually be banned from the dictionary due to the improper usage by the general public. Please feel free to use this word in conversations with Eric as much as possible.

1 comment:

naphtali said...

Hello "mommy"! Welcome to the addicting blogging world...