Thursday, August 28, 2008

on the move


I am not ready for my little Sophie Mae to walk. To be entirely honest, I don't see what all the hub bub is about. It's the first of about one million steps of them growing out of being your little baby.** I don't like it one bit, and if I have anything to do with it she won't be be walking until she's at least a year and a half old.

She is, however, walking along the couches, crawling around the house like a little beetle and standing...just standing for several 10s of seconds. And that's where we shall keep it for another 8 months or so... :) I'm going to miss that crawl too! The way she wiggles her little butt in the air, oh it's pure love!

She was still mastering the art of the stair...

** In my mind she's going to start walking today then poof! before I know it she will be in high school and having sex. Ugh. Therefore walking = sex. Miss Murphy there shall be NO walking in this house for quite some time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! Not to undermine your maternal instinct, honey...but I am almost positive "walking" does not equal sex...Just because I have 2 children and 4 grandchildren does not make me an expert, but I think we're OK with Sophie Mae at least trying to walk. I'll keep my eyes peeled tho!
Love Bridget

naphtali said...

lol. interesting. though i'm pretty sure you're safe. i LOVE how your mind works. mine is similar in the fact that i say, "we've been married for 7 months, which is almost a year, which means we almost have 3.5 kids, which means they're in school, getting married and now we're alone again. hmm.