Saturday, August 16, 2008

don't stick that in your mouth!


Everything about this mommyhood is an entirely new experience to me. I don't have a strong history of being around little ones so I am surprised to see what happens on a daily basis as they do change that fast.

Apparently it is very common for babies to have a particular love for their sense of taste. Something cool on the floor? Awesome! Let me stick that in my mouth. Here's a pretty plant...could be poisonous....who cares! That should go between my lips. Ooh...small and shiny...yep! Mom's gonna find that one in tomorrows diaper change. Dog food? Hmmm...sounds tasty. Good thing mom knows the baby Heimlich.

And my personal favorite- Nice...the cat's litter box, I'll give one of those brown tidbits a try. But please no alarm, the doctors office assured me the only real harm would be in the taste. Except that I think she actually enjoyed it.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA!! Bad baby, bad baby! I'm happy she's not going to be a picky eater??