Friday, August 15, 2008

first comes love, then comes marriage....


Then comes the baby in the baby carriage! Oops. Got that one a little mixed up!

So I have figured out why, besides the obvious of course, people should get married prior to having a child. You love love love your husband- and that in turn creates this beautiful foundation from which to build a family. I'm not gonna lie, I love Eric, but sometimes I hate him just as much too. And while I do love him with most of my heart I am pretty sure my heart and soul belong to my kid.

Mommy/baby love, I have found, is stronger and purer than any fairy tale Disney has ever created. But how well would that go over if Cinderella actually popped out a kid before the glass slipper fit? Not so much. But regardless I am in love with my child...in the kind of way that no man could understand- even my life partner Eric.

Not to down play the beauty of having a child with someone you care about; how having that strong relationship allows for raising a child to become that much more special. I do have to thank my "not quite hubby" for being such an incredibly supportive and loving father and partner, together we have created one awesome little person! I'm glad we got knocked up together!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you and Eric are both loving supportive partners to each other AND to your wonderful creation (aka Sophie Mae) The love between mommy and child is just what you said it was. Nothing like it! And the other weird thing is no matter how old they get (not you-haha)you will always view them as you see Sophie 0-5 years old. Ican't believe my little boy age 33 is driving that big truck. Or I can't believe my BABY age almost 29 went to IRAQ. Yea, without his mother.....You are just beginning my dear friend and "almost daughter-in-law" haha
Love
Bridget