Tuesday, August 26, 2008

my future wish

I am so excited for when Soph is old enough to sit at the table and create paintings and drawings of her own. I really don't think there's anything more "homey" than a fridge covered with your child's most recent artwork.

Awhile back Eric and I heard about an artist who took your child's art and actually turned it into jewelry. We thought it was such a brilliant idea I had my sweet little cousin draw a picture for her mom and I had it turned into a sterling silver pendant; it turned out absolutely perfect. Lee Skalkos with Totally Out Of Hand also uses copper to create key chains, pins, earrings, and cuff links. This a perfect gift to give to anyone with little ones!




2 comments:

naphtali said...

this is such a great idea! oh people and their amazing creations...

Anonymous said...

That will be so much fun to have her art forever in a wonderful piece of jewelery! I have been wanting forever something like that in that little "doodle guy" Eric always draws. I love it so much!
Bridget