Saturday, September 20, 2008

the naughty baby song

Yes, Sophie and I love to sing. Every single song I can think of I actually just rewrite the lyrics to and add 'Sophie Mae' or 'stinky baby' or 'l...m...n...o...poopy', I think you get the picture. Our personal favorite goes to the tune of the Spongebob Squarepants theme. I have added the video so you may refresh your memory with the tune.....




Our replaced lyrics:

Oh...who's the stinkiest baby with powerful thighs!
Sophie Murphy
She plays peek-a-boo cuz she loves the surprise!
Sophie Murphy
Her favorites are boobies and Curious George!
Sophie Murphy
She crawls like a beetle it's her we adore!
Sophie Murphy...Sophie Murphy.....etc

This morning I created a "Naughty Baby Song" inspired by the fact that she didn't get to bed until 4-5 a.m. Yeah it was nice. My delirium created the new lyrics to the same tune:

Oh...who's the monster of babies and stays up all night!
Sophie Murphy
Eats Lucy's dog food and gives Mommy a fright!
Sophie Murphy
Loves to play in the potty and splash all around!
Sophie Murphy
She spits like a cobra, throws herself on the ground!
Sophie Murphy...Sophie Murphy.....etc

We sort of hate (but totally love) our Sophie Mae today. Let me tell ya, there is nothing like sleep deprivation and a screaming baby to test your true love and devotion to your child. But Eric and I might lock her in the closet tonight if she tries it again. Oh monster baby, we do love ya.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey--have you ever thought of writing children's songs? They are so inspiring...hahahah. Cute cute cute! Now I am going to have that tune in my head all day (thanks alot)Hopefully you all got some sleep last night. Yes, an "awake" baby can put your mind in all kinds of states of shock. AAAA..the joys of motherhood....
Love Bridget