Thursday, September 4, 2008

happy 60th dad

That number is really freaking me out, doesn't it sound old to you? My dad isn't old enough to be in his sixties; he doesn't even look that old. Plus he still works hard, plays hard, is in near perfect health, and looks fantastic! Well I think I kinda feel old now. Dad stop getting old you're making me feel weird! :)

For his birthday Soph made the sweetest little present. Ahhh...the joy of making presents...they are the BEST! I am so excited (Eric hint hint hint) to get stuff made by my kid. I do love a nice bag or pair of shoes for my birthday, but sweet mementos never go out of season. Anyway we cut out the most colorful parts of one of her finger paintings and framed it into a beautiful masterpiece. It turned out so wonderful I almost kept it for myself.

We love you gramps now don't fall and break a hip or somethin'!



I couldn't resist adding this last pic...


It was the first picture of my dad and I where I could really see the similarities between us. Love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey--60 is not THAT old!! I used to think so ( I've upped it to 75 now--haha) You are right, it's nice to get a present, but those homemade treasures are the best!Great pictures. How did your dinner turn out? Good job!
Love Bridget