Thursday, September 11, 2008

daddy love

It has been very interesting to see how Eric and I play such different roles in parenting. I love that man, but he could not change a diaper to save his life. I would bet money on it that he has changed less than 20 diapers since she was born.*** But I'm not complaining about it by any means, I simply think its funny.

We have totally fallen into the stereotypical roles of momma and poppa, but it's totally great. Eric loves his sweet little girl and she LOVES her daddy. Everyday when he comes home from work she gets giddy to see him and cannot wait for him to get out of his after work shower. She just waits outside the bathroom door until at last he appears in a cloud of steam. And she thought her mommy was magic...her dad exits a room with steam...beat that mommy.

One thing I have figured out though is that while daddies might not be on the spot for diaper changes or feedings, they sure do love their little girls, and they make perfect jungle gyms. I have learned so much from Eric on how to be a parent, yeah it basically comes naturally, but it helps to have a great role model as well.

Where's Daddy?
I'm gonna get you Daddy!

Aha! Found ya!

*** Let us take a second and think about the number of diapers we've gone through thus far...
6 diapers a day.
11 months old.
30 days in a month.
6 x 11 x 30 = 1980 diapers!
cost?
1980 x .20 = $396.00
whoa.

1 comment:

naphtali said...

lol. the diaper thing cracks me up...oh that's so many. lol. you and eric are such great parents!