Tuesday, September 2, 2008

berry strata

When Eric and I met one of the first things he talked about was his mom. He told me so much about her, but one thing he stressed before meeting her was that she appreciated a woman that can take care of her man. At that point in time I had no idea what that really meant, I was still trying to figure out my own little world let alone take care of a man (???). I didn't cook (besides mac n' cheese), I hated cleaning (still do), hated kids (whoops he's got 'em), and all I really knew was that the world was a big place that I was still taking step by step.

Fast forward a couple months. Eric's mom is helping me bake my first real desert in the kitchen, a green apple bread pudding. I was scared outta my mind! She was making me peel apples with a knife...huh? And can you say intimidating? It went great though....we had fun and I learned a little about baking, and most importantly my bread pudding turned out wonderful. But Jesus, I will remember that for the rest of my life. I am certain that I probably had to throw back a cocktail to calm the nerves after that 'lesson'. :)

Well, anyways, here I am today cooking now for about 9 months. Still not an avid baker (it is a science that I'm yet to understand), but I do throw together a desert once in awhile. This weekend I made a raspberry strata, similar to a bread pudding hence the trip down memory lane. But she turned out beautiful and I definitely will be making this again...it would be perfect to make the night before and pop into the oven for breakfast with a cup of coffee. Enjoy!



1 comment:

naphtali said...

Loving, loving, LOVING this! I am craving it right now. Hmm...I'm gonna have to do me some baking. Thanks for the recipe! Looks delicious. Yumm.