Wednesday, October 1, 2008

step by step


Change is never easy and saying good bye is even harder.

Today Eric left for his journey off to Texas. Yes it is a risk, and yes he will be missing Sophie's first birthday, and yes I might go crazy. But we really feel that all will be worthwhile in the end. That the time spent away right now is like an investment into more quality time in the future.

It will be hard to say when Eric will be coming home next (month or so...longer even???). But until then we can only take it day by day and our main priority at the moment is his safe trip to Houston. I have about one bajillion things to worry about but that would cross off the first from my list.

For now I am just mentally planning out the next month and preparing myself on how to deal with our neurotic animals. They are true creatures of habit and really miss their dad when he's gone. Actually, given the mental status of the 4 of us (Soph, me, Katt and Lucy) I am thinking that Sophie is gonna be the rock. God love that child.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are right. Step by step. Saying goodbye IS the worst. He will make it to Houston safe. This is right up his alley. The work is there but his heart is with you and Sophie. You guys will be better than fine. You know you can call me any time..day or night.
Love
Bridget