Sunday, October 19, 2008

try not to throw up

It was nice of my mom to call on Sophie's birthday (I didn't even know she knew her birthday). It was nice of her to take us out to lunch. It was nice of her to get Soph a present.

Let me tell you what wasn't nice....

mom: "Oh..look how grown up she is! Look how pretty she is! You know who she reminds me of...."
me: "I know! After we got her hair cut she's started looking more Japanese, more like me!"
mom: "No she reminds me of ME!"

BARF.

Oh I forgot, since Sophie is pretty, of course my mom thought she looked like herself. Silly me, and here I was thinking that my own daughter might resemble me. What could have I been thinking?!

I know I winced when she said that. At least I didn't throw up in my mouth.


Well here are some cute pics to balance out that disturbing thought. Soph had a great time in the Radio Flyer- it was her first experience in a pretty little red wagon.

No comments: