Saturday, October 4, 2008

cruisin' forward


When Soph was born I was scared to death of taking her out in public. Between the icy roads, bad drivers, and nasty germy everything I just wasn't going to risk it. Up until she was about 4 months old the only places she had ever visited were her Grandma's and the doctor's office. I admit that I was totally overprotective but hey...safety is no accident!

Now I have just gotten used to throwing her and everything she owns into the car when it's time to get groceries. But a couple days ago we graduated to the next step in car safety: the front facing car seat. I love it!

It is so fun to watch her do whatever it is that she does in that backseat. Come to find out it's just playing with her feet and stuffed animals, but she could have been attacked by a blood thirsty scorpion and I wouldn't have known. Needless to say, it's very comforting to be able to see my kid while I'm driving.



Eric status: shacked up at a hotel just north of Houston, we're still waiting to hear from his primary contact. ugh. Luckily he has a list of backup contacts as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! She's growin' up..now she's facing forward. I'm not sure why, but that sounds like a "philosopy" Like when times are hard and you don't know what to do--just FACE FORWARD. Hmmm, I'll have to think about that! At any rate, she is forever darling.
Love
Bridget

naphtali said...

The things you learn when having a child! I would have never thought about this...but, how true! I'm sure that I will go crazy not being able to see the little ones at first. Hmm. How to rig a mirror? She really is getting big!