Friday, October 3, 2008

we are a-ok

While on the phone with Eric tonight, it really hit me that I have totally grown up in the past couple months. It's not often where you can mark that kind of change on a calendar.

Our family has been such a huge support through this ordeal, however, I must admit that I am handling this situation far better than I would have ever imagined. So well in fact that I'm almost a little concerned that I'm not more upset that Eric is nearly 2000 miles away. But it's tonight that I realized I am truly more concerned with Eric's safety, with keeping Sophie happy, and with the success of this job than I am with any selfish emotion that I want to feel.

I actually know now how it feels when a mom is truly more concerned about the safety and happiness of her children and family than herself. You just don't have room to think about 'you'. All 'you' want is what is best for your family.

huh. i think i am a grown up now. i think i like it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is true. You are all grown up and clearly in the "Mommy Club".That includes your unselfish love for Eric too. Wow-with Sophie's first birthday coming up--do a spread sheet on all of the changes you have gone through. Changes you have handled effortlessly and happily. I am so proud and amazed by you. That spread sheet should take you awhile...hahaha.
Love Bridget

naphtali said...

We are sure proud of you guys! This is just a season and it will pass (even if sometimes it feels long). I think your support for Eric is amazing. I only wish that I lived closer and could come for a visit!! xoxo, Naphtali